Many Hands, Many Hearts
Brockman Elementary School 6th Annual FUNd Run
What is the FUNd Run?
- The Fund Run is Brockman PTO’s largest fundraiser of the year!
- Students will have three weeks to gather pledges from family and friends for our 20 minute run/walk. Please turn in your pledge packets by Friday, November 8th!
- Many hands make fundraising easy! We hope to raise at least $50 per student to meet our goal.
- This year, each student who asks at least 10 people to donate will be entered into a drawing to win a fitness basket!
- Many hearts love our students! Parent volunteers organize several fun activities at school leading up to the FUNd Run, such as Yoga Day with Yoga Masala (10/24), Smoothie Day (10/28), and Hula Hoop Day (11/4). Can you help? Go to https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054BA5A928A0FB6-many to sign up.
When is the FUNd Run?
- The Fund Run is on Friday, 11/8 on the upper field. Families are invited!
- Bring a chair or plan to run/walk a few laps with your Brockman Bear.
- Primary will run at 8:20, Lower El will run at 9:00, and Upper El will run at 9:40.
Why the FUNd Run?
- It teaches students about the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- It encourages giving back and being part of a community.
- It celebrates one of our principal values – to support growth of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
- It raises money for things the PTO pays for that everyone likes, such as more playground updates (have you seen the new upper el playground?!), ongoing classroom initiatives like ALEKS learning licenses or gardening projects, and community-building events like the Brockman Bash or End of Year Picnic.
Staying healthy is not just for kids! It’s for parents and teachers too!
- There will be a teacher wellness challenge at school the week of 10/28.
- There will be a Family Zumba Class/Play Date in the Park on Saturday, 11/2 from 8:30-10am at Trenholm Park. Hope to see you there!
So how do I raise money?
Consider gathering pledges:
1) By Email 2) Using Social Media 3) In Person 4) By Getting Creative!
Check out our sample scripts below!
I am raising money for my school, Brockman Montessori, by running in our school’s 6th annual FUNd RUN on November 8th! We are a healthy school and our fundraiser helps us learn the importance of eating well, staying fit, and practicing a healthy lifestyle. This is Brockman’s big fundraiser of the year, and the money raised helps us fund things like educational tools for the classroom, playground updates and renovations, and community-building events like our Brockman Bash or End of Year Picnic.
Would you please consider visiting www.brockmanpto.org/fund-run to donate online on or before November 8th? (Online donations can be made via PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to donate!) Donations can also be made via check (checks can be made out to Brockman PTO, with memo: “Pledge for STUDENT X”; checks can be mailed to Brockman PTO: 2245 Montclair Drive Columbia, SC 29206).
Thanks so much for considering a donation to this important fundraiser for our school! I am excited to participate in the FUNd Run!
2) Social Media
Hello friends! _____________________ (student’s name) is running for 20 minutes in Brockman Elementary School’s 6th annual FUNd Run on November 8th! We raise money each year for things like ongoing playground renovations, educational tools for the classroom, and community-building events like our Brockman Bash and End of Year Picnic!
Check out www.brockmanpto.org/fund-run to learn more about our FUNd Run and to watch this year’s video. We would love your support! Any donations can be made on our website via PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to donate. Donations can also be made via check (checks can be made out to Brockman PTO, with memo: “Pledge for STUDENT X”; checks can be mailed to Brockman PTO: 2245 Montclair Drive Columbia, SC 29206).Thanks so much for your consideration!
3) Face to Face
We are having a FUNd RUN at Brockman Montessori to raise money for our school. The entire school is going to run/walk/move for 20 minutes on November 8th. Our healthy fundraiser is teaching us about eating well, staying active and learning new ways to be healthy.
This is our school’s big fundraiser of the year, and it helps support many great programs and tools for our classrooms – last year we raised enough money to completely renovate one of our playgrounds! If you would like to sponsor I have some more information about ways to donate.
To donate online, you can go to www.brockmanpto.org/fund-run on or before November 8th. (Online donations are made via PayPal but you do not need a PayPal account to donate!) Donations can also be made via cash or check (checks can be made out to Brockman PTO, with memo: “Pledge for STUDENT X”; checks can also be mailed to Brockman PTO: 2245 Montclair Drive Columbia, SC 29206).
Thank you for supporting my school!
4) Get Creative!
Are there other ways you can raise money for the Brockman FUNd Run? Use your talents! A bake sale? A lemonade stand? Raking leaves for neighbors? Send your ideas to and we’ll share them on the Brockman Facebook page!
Permission Notice for Parents
By sending students to school on November 8th, 2019, parents understand that students will participate in the 6th Annual Brockman Elementary School FUNd Run, which includes 20 minutes of running/walking/exercise.
If you do NOT wish for your student to participate in the 2019 FUNd Run, please contact your child’s teacher ASAP to make arrangements.