Let’s Get Ready for Testing!
End of the year state testing is coming soon. Below are some general guidelines to help your child do his/her best on testing days.
- Model a positive attitude! Encourage your child with kind words and a calm, happy outlook the morning of the test. Try to avoid conflicts or touchy subjects, and help your child start the day happy and relaxed.
- Remind your child to use strategies that help him/her relax if feel-ing nervous or stressed.
- Make sure students get plenty of sleep the night before testing.
- Help your child choose comfortable clothes and shoes to wear on testing days. Wear layers to adjust to warm or cool testing en-vironments easily.
- Provide your child with a healthy, high protein breakfast. Avoid sugary foods on testing days.
- Arrive at school on time to ensure that your child is in class and ready to get started.
- Remind your child that is is okay to take his or her time on the test, read the directions carefully, and check his/her work.
- Encourage your child to do his or her best. Students and teachers have been preparing all year. They have the knowledge, and they are ready. Tests are an opportunity for them to show what they know!
If you are interested in learning more about South Carolina assessments, you can find additional information at the links below.